Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Beginning

I'm starting this blog as a way of sharing something I LOVE--History! My husband is a huge fan of museums and I love local history and genealogy. Yesterday was the perfect combination of both our interest. My husband and I took the family to a few local museums. One of these museums was the Shiloh Museum of Ozark History. While there I came across two file boxes lying on the floor in the corner of their gift shop with a paper sign that read, "$1 each." I was intrigued. Inside these two boxes were several pamphlets dating back to 1960. The pamphlets were titled, FLASHBACK - Preserving the Past for the Future. Flashback is a quarterly publication of the Washington County Historical Society and has been published since 1951. Inside are many pictures, stories, letters and inquiries from people who have written in to the society hoping to have some piece of their own story found or people wanting to share a piece of their families past with the rest of us. I fell in love and purchased SEVERAL! FLASHBACK is still being published today. If you would like to receive this publication you can contact the Washington County Historical Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment